Based in Tokyo, Japan
Press / Business contact:
A turn-based strategy game of intrigue with a distinct Japanese flavor that takes place in the aftermath of your king's assassination. Roll out the tanks, create more troops, expand your squad, and struggle for territory with war-room levels of control!
HistoryHistory of the team behind TINY METAL
Wanting to realize the true potential of Japanese strategy war games, the veteran Japanese game developers of AREA35 came together to make TINY METAL in late 2015. They dreamed of a project harkening back to the golden age of Japanese video games with gameplay first and a memorable story. Despite a tough start with a failed Kickstarter campaign, the small team found investors and redoubled their efforts. Through passion, plus enthusiasm, the team has developed TINY METAL to the game it is today. A proud recipient of Epic Games' Unreal Dev Grant, and showcased at BitSummit, Tokyo Indie Festival, SMASH!, PAX Prime, and Tokyo Game Show, TINY METAL is ready to bring the battle to you on the Nintendo Switch, Sony PlayStation 4, and Steam (Windows and macOS)!
TINY METAL's opening cinematic, as the Artemisians battle the Zipang! YouTube
Playthrough of the BitSummit 2017 Skirmish demo map (May 2017) YouTube
There are far more images available for TINY METAL, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Famitsu Indie Prize Nominee" - Tokyo Game Show 2017
- "4Gamer.net Indie Prize Nominee" - Tokyo Game Show 2017
- "Epic Games Unreal Dev Grant" - Announced August 2017
- "Indie MEGABOOTH Featured Game" - PAX Prime 2017
[TRANSLATION] Wonderful movements, easy to understand rules, and the AI ran fast and responsive. TINY METAL hits the mark with how smooth and fast it plays. I never felt disappointed while playing."
- Arkblade (translated by AREA35), GameSpark
- "I'm really excited to play an Advance Wars-style game on PC, finally."
- Evan Lahti, PC Gamer
- "From the presentation to the gameplay mechanics to the sound design, TINY METAL is incredibly ambitious and will be introducing new takes on the genre as well."
- Roberto Nieves, Stack-Up
- "This is something that looks really good. The art style is great. [...] I'm a huge fan of turn-based strategy. Especially after playing Rabbids on the Switch, I'm looking for more on that console. It looks like this is gonna scratch that itch, for sure."
- Edmond Tran, GameSpot
BaronVonLetsPlay tries the TINY METAL Kickstarter prototype
Check it out at youtube.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Concept Art & Character Design
Vehicle 3D Modeling & Animation
3D Character Animation
Producer & Director
Voice Actor (Nathan Gries)
Voice Actor (Wolfram)
Voice Actor (Isoroku Tsukumo)
Voice Actor (Capt. Carver)